Campbelltown, a city on the outskirts of Sydney New South Wales, is ideal for pet owners.
This guide provides you with lots of helpful pet ownership ideas for the local area - written by a local Campbelltown vet. This knowledge of local environmental factors can influence your pet’s health and quality of life. Subscribe to this page to stay up to date with health issues in the local area.
General Information on Pet Ownership
The Cambelltown City Council encourages locals to be responsible pet owners. You should have your dogs micro-chipped at three months of age and registered at six months, keep him on a leash whilst in public places, minimise excessive barking, and give your dog ample yard space.
The Council’s Animal Care Facility, situated at 21 Rose Street, just off Blaxland Road, Campbelltown, primarily serves the community in terms of animal control by providing pound facilities for lost animals, micro-chipping and registration of pets. They also address resident complaints about animals. The Animal Care Facility operates Monday to Friday and is closed on Sundays and Public Holidays. Feel free to visit them during the following hours:
- Monday: 9.00am - 3.30pm
- Tuesday to Friday: 9.00am - 3.00pm
- Saturday: 9.00am - 12 noon
Besides the services offered by the city, other organisations offer assistance to local residents with pet or animal issues. A few of these organisations located in the area around Campbelltown are: Campbelltown & Districts All Breeds Kennel Club Inc, Macarthur Dog Training Club Inc and Northern NSW Pug Dog Club Inc (Campbelltown).
If you are looking for a Campbelltown vet in an emergency, Macarthur Veterinary Group services a wide area across the Macarthur region from our Campbelltown, Camden and Mount Annan clinics.
Phone 02 4627 1333 during an emergency and we will advise you on the best course of action.
Notice of disease outbreaks in the neighbourhood will be reported here, so subscribe to this page for automatic updates via the RSS button.
The city council provides residents with ample dog-friendly parks. Even more fun for your furry friend are the leash-free areas, perfect for exercising your dogs and some socialising for both dogs and their owners.
These parks are open everyday during daylight hours:
- St Helens Park (Kellerman Drive),
- Minto (Eagleview Road),
- Glenfield (Kennett Park Newtown Road) and
- Raby (Hurricane Drive).
Campbelltown’s pet-friendly locale offers these kennels:
- Macarthur Vet Group Luxury Cat Boarding (Gregory Hills) offers fully air conditioned, holiday themed, luxury accommodation for your cat. Phone 4648 3588
- Macarthur Vet Group Gargen Cattery (Camden) is a purpose built palace for your cat. Phone 4655 7664.
- Belltrees Kennels (Appin Rd) caters to short or long term boarding for all breeds, dogs and cats alike;
- Pat's Boarding Kennels (Exley Rd, Wedderburn)
- Pet Holiday Farm (Moreton Park Rd, Menangle)
Pet Services & Grooming
If you are looking to pamper or just give your pets the loving they
deserve, these businesses may interest you.
- Macarthur Vet Group offers a full range of pet grooming for dogs and cats by fully trained groomers. Your pet can even be sedated if necessary under the supervision of our veterinary staff.
- Classy Canine Dog Grooming Salon (Shop 1, 7- 9 Bradfield St, Leumeah) specializes in the clipping and grooming of small breeds.
- Dirty Paws Mobile Dog Wash is a mobile dog washing service based in Campbelltown which services the surrounding suburbs, within a 40km radius.
- Alot 'A' Luv Dog Grooming, another mobile dog washing service is also based in the Campbelltown area.
- K9 Design Mobile Dog Grooming operate 7 days a week and are happy to come to your home or office to groom your dog ... right across the Macarthur region.
Events in the Area
The Macarthur Dog Training Club Inc http://macarthurdtc.org/events.html lists dog-related events in the Campbelltown area. The City Council website also offers dog-focused events listings.
Local knowledge is important for the safety and wellbeing of your pet. Dr. Peter Harris is a highly capable and very experienced Campbelltown Vet, as are all the staff at Macarthur Veterinary Group - Bradbury. Phone 02 4627 1333 and discuss anything about your pets with Peter or his staff.