Behaviour problems in dogs and cats are very common, and there are lots of different types. The most common behaviour problems include:
- Aggression and biting
- Destructive behaviour
- Fear of noises (e.g. thunderstorms and fireworks)
- House-training problems
- Inappropriate urination or marking
Many of these can be treated with correct diagnosis and retraining techniques. Medication is also available but often unnecessary.
If you have any questions regarding your pet’s behaviour or you have any concerns, please contact one of our clinics to make an appointment to speak with one of our veterinarians.
- Puppy Preschool service
- Fear of Noises in Dogs article
- How to Recognize Anxiety in Our Pets, and What Might Help article
- No Bored Cats! article
- Environmental Enrichment to Help Your Dog Combat the Winter Blues article